NEUROPSYCHOLOGY AND COGNITIVE HEALTH
At Modern Brain Center, we are passionate about creating a positive and meaningful experience for all our clients. We strive to help each person recognize their fullest potential and achieve results through excellence in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of brain-based disorders.
Our services include:
- Adult and geriatric neuropsychological and psychological evaluations
- Cognitive remediation
- Behavioral consultation
- Psychotherapy focused on adjustment to neurological conditions
- Family consultation
- Record review and recommendation
- Corporate consulting
NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL and psychological SERVICES
We provide comprehensive neuropsychological and psychological exams to adults who are concerned about their memory and/or other thought or behavioral processes (e.g., problem solving, speed of thinking, speech and language, visuospatial processing, fine motor skills, emotional functioning). We use state-of-the-art objective neuropsychological and psychological tests combined with systematic behavioral observations to assist with diagnoses and provide targeted and useful recommendations and directions for treatment planning to the patient, their families, and referring doctor.
Results of evaluations and consultative services have proven integral to the successful resolution of highly complex clinical and forensic cases involving:
- Alzheimer's disease and related dementias (e.g., Lewy body dementia, vascular dementia)
- Parkinson's disease
- traumatic brain injury
- brain tumors and infections
- toxic exposure
- seizure disorders
- learning disorders
- attention-deficit / hyperactivity disorder
Cognitive Remediation PROGRAMS
Modern Brain Center is one of the only centers in New York to provide both individual and group cognitive remediation programs. This type of program includes instructor-led discussions, in-class exercises, together with evidence-based strategies to help participants better understand how our brain's memory systems work and teach them the tools to better manage their memory functions in their everyday lives.
Program content includes:
- Education about different types of memory, memory processes, and normal age-related changes in memory
- Support for adopting a healthy memory lifestyle, including education about factors that can affect memory and tools to support positive changes in everyday life
- Memory training including instruction in practical memory aids and strategies, practice using the strategies in-class, and discussion
Our behavioral consultation program offers brief neuropsychological screening evaluations for individuals with more advanced forms of dementia or brain injury. We put together effective behavior modification plans using environmental and behavioral interventions that can work based on the individual's cognitive strengths and weaknesses and personal history.
Modern Brain Center provides comprehensive neuropsychological and psychological evaluations for a variety of forensic cases. We work with insurance providers, case managers, attorneys, health-care providers, and other professionals on behalf of clients or companies to provide comprehensive personalized evaluations. Evaluations are objective, cost-effective services, and designed to diagnose, clarify, and confirm disability and/or cognitive impairment due to a variety of brain-related disorders. All evaluations are conducted with state-of-the-art standardized assessment techniques and instruments and include extensive review of history (employment, education, social), neurological, orthopedic, and psychiatric records, as well as psychological testing to determine the effects of personality characteristics and stress variables on current legal issues and functioning.
Modern Brain Center provides corporate services that includes helping to improve brain-health knowledge to employees and inspiring cognitive wellness.
Corporate services include:
- Workshops about different types of memory, memory processes, and normal age-related changes in memory
- Cognitive screenings on-site for quick, rapid results regarding a person's current level of cognitive functioning and recommendations for follow-up care
- Clinical trials consulting for pharmaceutical companies involving selection of scientifically valid, cost-effective, and sensitive measures for clinical trials involving Alzheimer's disease and related disorders